Lavido’s commitment to progressive technologies through innovation and research is exemplified by our use of ingredients such as plant-based hyaluronic acid, while the extraction methods we use ensure a highly effective product. Our oils are diffused, infused, or cold-pressed using the most natural extraction processes including mechanical extraction, a non-chemical water-based distillation process that separates the vital oils from liquids. Mechanical extraction best retains the active essentials of the plant, nut, or seed being used.
Natural vs. conventional
The ingredients found in conventional cosmetics are mostly synthetic, that is, unnatural. Most of these toxic substances belong to two groups:
- Petroleum byproducts: Petrolatum, mineral oil, liquid paraffin, silicon Vaseline, etc. Cosmetics products containing these substances seal the skin and pores, thus ‘locking’ toxins in, which lead to acne and other skin imperfections. Another side effect of using these substances is the emergence of lines, excessive dryness and premature aging. In addition, petroleum byproducts can also cause allergies and cancer.
- Preservatives and foaming agents: Most preservatives belong to the Paraben family: Methyl paraben, Ethyl paraben, Butyl paraben, etc. Parabens inhibit mitochondrial activity, which is responsible for the creation of cell energy, thus making our skin cells dull, lacking flexibility and vitality – and in general – age prematurely. In some cases, parabens also cause dermatitis, rashes, allergies and cancer.
In the conventional cosmetics industry, synthetic ingredients are used for several reasons:
- Low cost
- They provide a velvety, oily sensation to skin (but in fact cause long-term damage)
- Synthetic colors impact perception (blue synthetic color appears as clean, green as natural, etc.)
- They have a longer shelf life compared to natural cosmetics
- Powerful foaming agents give the perception that they are really working (but cause dry skin and damage the skin’s natural pH level)
In the natural cosmetics industry, we use natural ingredients to provide skin with everything it needs. Natural ingredients are not cheap, thus creating a gap between natural and synthetic product prices. Natural ingredients such as Shea butter, aloe vera, Jojoba, pomegranate seed oil and almond oil provide moisture, nourishment, protection, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – and not only a pleasant sensation. We do not need synthetic colors; the formula is transparent or boasts its natural color. For example, our anti-wrinkle cream is slightly orange due to the Sea Buckthorn orange color. Our foaming agents are created with up-to-date technologies based on coconut oil, while we use pure vitamin A and natural, organic essential oils, as well as synthetic preservatives approved for use in natural cosmetics products to extend our products shelf-life.
Lavido is equally committed to cutting-edge technologies, provided they meet strict natural guidelines, such as CO2 extraction. CO2 extraction is an eco-friendly chemical process that retains the active qualities of the plant and also allows for selective essences to be extracted.
Lavido develops products for natural facial and body care. Our products are formulated with certified organic essential oils and active natural ingredients. Each of our products is made with the best raw, plant-based ingredients combined with purified mineral-rich waters. The results are effective, balanced and luxurious blends for the face and body.
We proudly create natural skin & body care products that do not contain any parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, silicones, phenoxyethanol, propylene glycol, synthetic dyes or fragrances, alcohol, PEG or SLS. We do not use any animal products or do animal testing. All of our skin care products are dermatologically tested as well as clinically proven, so we don’t just make claims- we make change!